Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day to all you Lovely Ladies Out There

Taking a short break from technology this weekend and for a few days.  Thought while absent I'd post an older oil painting I did back in 1999.  It started out as a portrait of a native lady though we'd just been through the hospitalization and death of my mother-in-law after a car accident and my own lumpectomy.  I was pleasantly surprised on finishing it that my husband said to me, "Oh wow, do you know you whose face that is? It looks like my mom and grandmother."  Funny how all my emotion comes out sometimes as I paint and, hence, the name of this oil painting became "Grandmother Serrano".

Happy Mother's Day! I'm very grateful I still have my own mother though she lives a distance away and missing her today as well as my mother-in-law and all those ladies who have served in the capacity of caring, wonderful, nurturing and loving mothers to me. God has blessed me with many friends who fill the void and ask little of me in return -- Thanks to all of you!

No comments: