Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Sunday, May 4, 2014

Wow - Busy Month - Here are Some Photos Taken Recently

It's been quite awhile since I've updated my art blog though I'm happy to say it's only because life has gotten very busy and I've been enjoying an amazingly balanced month of April.  I did do some painting, sketching and artwork although most of my time has been spent meeting with friends, gardening, taking care of business and enjoying some wonderful family time with my husband.

Here are some pictures taken recently of the Gathering of Nations Pow Wow - the largest in the United States - held in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I believe they said for this grand entry there were 2,000 dancers on the floor and it was AWESOME!!!

Next are a couple of pictures of some young dancers.  I asked the parents permission first and then the dancers themselves and they were happy to pose for the pictures.  The first had her eyes "squinched closed" but after some prompting I got the picture and right after a very big smile -- oh well, too late for the picture though I thought they both turned out well.  

No comments: