Welcome Along on My Journey -- Please Enjoy & Come Back Again

Welcome and enjoy. To look at any painting or photo please double click on the picture to take a closer look and if you'd like to purchase please email me at joanne@neelygomez.com

I welcome your comments and hope that as we journey together you will find, as I do, that it's more fun making a journey along with others and with each new work or adventure there is also growth and expansion. Come back again soon.



Thursday, August 20, 2015

New Paintings and Getting Ready for Opening/Exhibit in October & MORE

I've been busy since being asked to be the "Featured Artist" at Essence Gallery and Boutique in Old Town Albuquerque by the owner, Jillian Maresco.  We've talked about sizes, subjects and new paintings needed for October's happenings at the gallery.

I'm also readying paintings already finished for hanging and took the painting shown to the left to the gallery already after having it framed in a custom floater frame. The comments I received have been wonderful and that it has received lots of attention and interest and the owner is encouraging me to do more paintings like this "but HUGE" (hahaha).  These are things I (or any artist) love to hear!  the other painting shown to the right is a 20"x16" on wood panel original acrylic "New Mexico Color" just back from framer that will be available for purchase at Essence Gallery later today.


The painting shown to the left is the first of the paintings I am
going to be taking to the gallery just before my opening and exhibit in October.  This one is an original oil painting "Sandia Sunset" on 24"x16" canvas, needing only preparation for hanging.  Honestly I have always wanted to paint the Sandia Mountains above Albuquerque though very intimidated as Wilson Hurley was the master of painting these mountains so it took the encouragement of Jillian to just try, in my own style, painting them.  I'm so glad for her support and encouragement and so far my first gallery experience has been wonderful. Thank you Jillian.

More exciting news is that "Let's Paint New Mexico" will be having their own exhibit at Essence Gallery and Boutique coming up (more information to follow) and I am among 24 other artists who will be participating in that. We have already received our first photo to paint our own "rendition" of in any medium we choose and each will be in that exhibit coming up.  So, as you can tell, I am going to be one very busy and happy painter the next few months.  We shall see how good I am, also, at keeping all my online presences updated. THAT has been a huge challenge for me and I still have not updated my biggest online presence at www.neelygomez.com

No comments: